Today is the first of three travel days. After meeting Ivan to get our security deposit back and hand over the keys, we left for the airport and picking up our rental car. While waiting for the airport express bus on O'Connell street a cabbie offered to take us for the same price. He took us to the Avis counter directly. Jim took the first shift driving and off we went on the motorway.
After lunch, we toured the village and I bought a grand Irish cap. We passed on the Smithwicks tour and learned that Kilkenny plays in the all Ireland Hurling final.
 |
| Two Edwardian Doors |
 |
| Colourful Pubs |
 |
| The Smithwick's Brewery Tour |
 |
| Shopping Arcade with Saturday Shoppers |
 |
| Street Musicians |
Next up was a stop at the Waterford Crystal outlet where Marilyn found new wine glasses and a wedding gift for her cousin's son's wedding.
 |
| Marilyn was excited to go to the Waterford Outlet Store |
 |
| The Waterford RoyalTheatre |
 |
| Dwight and Marilyn after their Waterford shopping |
 |
| Dwight and Marilyn singing "It's a long way to Tipperary..." |
 |
| Jim and Liz sing the second verse. |
It was my turn next to polish my driving skills of the trip to Kildimo. I was told my only task waas to concentrate on the road and not view the lovely Irish countryside. I heard plenty of comments about nice houses or great views of rolling hills but I cannot report on them. When we arrived at Tipperary we stopped for a quick photo and a verse of "It's a long way to Tipperary".
After meeting the exuberant Patrick who gave us a tour of the cottage, Jim and I set off to buy dinner and groceries. Over dinner and a Harp lager we recounted that today was great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment